Implementation of Automotive Cybersecurity in accordance with ISO/SAE 21434
What is Automotive Cybersecurity Management System in accordance with ISO/SAE 21434 ?
The world is becoming more and more connected. It’s also our cars that are connected to the Internet. More networking means that more data is transmitted, which can fall into the wrong hands. Cars are thus becoming more vulnerable to cyberattacks. This can jeopardize the safety of passengers and other road users. Cybersecurity in the automotive industry is becoming increasingly important these days. Existing standards do not address these new challenges.
ISO/SAE 21434 “Road vehicles – Cybersecurity engineering” develops a new standard for vehicles with a focus on cybersecurity, already during the vehicle development phase. This standard describes the requirements for handling and managing cybersecurity risks. The focus is on building all processes related to product development.
ISO/SAE 21434 is the security standard for motor vehicles. It is important for automotive product development and all related processes. The standard defines the criteria for cybersecurity engineering of vehicles and provides a guideline on which to base engineering quality.
Properly implemented automotive cybersecurity according to ISO/SAE 21434 provides your company with the following benefits:
- Security analysis and security concept
- Threat- and Risk Analysis
- Identified and closed gaps in processes
- Processes and documents adapted to cybersecurity requirements
- Awareness training of your employees
- Validation of the cybersecurity requirements of the processes using tests
Our experts can support you in setting up and operating your CSMS according to ISO/SAE 21434. We offer complete outsourcing, implementation of specific measures or entire cybersecurity projects.
Implementation of Automotive Cybersecurity in accordance with ISO/SAE 21434You are planning to implement automotive cybersecurity in accordance with ISO/SAE 21434.
We can support you in the efficient implementation of security analyses and security concepts.
Check for Automotive Cybersecurity in accordance with ISO/SAE 21434You want to ensure that your relevant processes are analyzed and secure?
We examine your CSMS and provide suggestions for improvement.
Awareness TrainingA fast and appropriate response to a cybersecurity incident is essential.
We support you in training your employees and conducting appropriate tests.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The ISO/SAE 21434 standard is focused on the reliability of systems and on holistic assurance of cybersecurity for all components and data connections installed in the vehicle.
- All automotive manufacturers developing connected vehicles and their relevant suppliers (OEMs) must implement a cybersecurity management system (CSMS).
- Existing guidelines do not implement any processes for cybersecurity in networked automobiles. Due to a requirement of UNECE WP.29, this was introduced with ISO/SAE 21434.